The 20th annual Maple Syrup Stampede will take place on February 3, 2018 on St. Joseph Island. The 2km classic race, 7km classic race and 14km skating race will all start and finish at the Cross Country Ski Trails adjacent to the JocelynTownship Office. The 2km classic race will follow the orchard and be marked with green ribbon. The 7km classic event will be one time around the trail system and the 14 km skating event will be two times around the trail system. The classic track will be erased before the skating race begins. The race course will be a minimum of 9 feet wide, travelling through wooded and hilly country.
Online registration is available at Zone 4.
View the race brochure for more information about the event and to obtain a hardcopy race entry form.
- $20.00 for entries before Jan. 16/18
- $25.00 for entries between Jan. 17 -Jan. 31 /18
- $35.00 for entries after Jan. 31 / 18
- $30.00 for combination of 7km & 14km before Jan. 16/18
- $40.00 for combination of 7km & 14km from Jan. 17 – Feb. 3/18
Registration and bib pickup February 3
8:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. at the Jocelyn Township Office
Race Start Times
- Classic 2km – 10:30 a.m.
- Classic 7km – 10:35 a.m.
- Skating 14km- 11:15 a.m.
Feed stations with water, Gatorade, orange and bananas will be located at about the 6.5 km mark for the skaters and at the finish area.
There will be an Awards Ceremony at the Jocelyn Township Hall for the Classic Race at 11 a.m. and for the Skating Race at 12:30 p.m. Prizes will go to the top 5 male and top 5 female finishers in each race. There will be draw prizes for the remaining finishers. Award winners not present will have a prize chosen for them.
The post race lunch will be held in conjunction with the awards presentation from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. A lunch will be available free of charge to all race participants (pasta, salad, buns, beverage and dessert). A $8.00 fee will be charged for non-participants and is payable online. Please be advised for those with nut allergies that this is not a ‘nut free environment’
Don’t Know How to Get There?
- From Sault Ste. Marie (Michigan or Ontario) take Hwy. 17 East to the St. Joseph Island turnoff.
- Turn right onto Hwy. 548 and continue to the corner to the first stop sign and turn right; continue to the next interesection being a four way stop and turn left at 10th Side Road and continue on the 10th Side Road until you come to the P-Line, where you will turn
- Follow the P-Line until you reach a stop sign and turn left unto Hwy. 548.
- After turning left watch for signs to the Jocelyn Township Office for registrations.
- There will be signage along the roads on St. Joseph Island to help. you along the way!