More details on each event will be added as the information becomes available.
Ski Club Events – 2018/19 season
September 22 – Trail Trot
November 3 – Cross Country Ski And Outdoor Equipment Swap
December 15 – First day of Jackrabbits !!
December 31 – Family New Year’s Eve Lantern Ski
January 20 – Snowfest Loppet
February 2 – Maple Syrup Stampede – St. Joseph Island
- 2km Classic race, 7km Classic race and 14km Skating race
- Register online through Zone 4
- 2019 Maple Syrup Stampede
February 9 – Bon Soo Lantern Ski
- Cross-country ski the Pinder Trail lit by candle lanterns with our friends at the Soo Finnish Nordic Ski Club! Free trail pass with Bon Soo 2019 Souvenir Button or Carnival Pass (sold on site), event rate starts at 6pm. Homemade baking & hot drinks available, $7 ski rental – don’t miss it.
February 24 – Ski the Trails
March 3 – Mabel Lake Tour
- The Mabel Lake Tour is a fun recreational event for classic-technique cross country skiers, fat bike riders, and snowshoers on groomed back-country wilderness trails.
- Participation is open to the public and SFN club members. There are two trail-head options giving round-trip ski distances ranging from 6 to 25 km: the Half-Mabel 6 km, the Kin-to-Creek 12 km, the Connor-Mabel 14 km, the Full-Mabel 19 km, and the Uber-Mabel 25 km.
- Two rest stops along the trail provide an opportunity to enjoy a warm drink, delicious snack, and some good conversation.
- Please note that snowshoe participation is limited to Connor Road trailhead.
March 9 – Family & Friends Ski Day – Last day of Jackrabbits
- Ski the Pinder trail system in REVERSE direction. We welcome all ski trail pass holders, ski club members, and the general public to join in on the fun and celebrate the ski season. Hiawatha Highlands will be offering discounted ski rentals and trail passes for the event; bring a friend to enjoy cross country skiing, the beautiful scenery, and our wonderful community. $5 Rentals $7 Trail Pass.
- Campfire, cookies, and warm drinks will be available at the intersection of the Mockingbird extension. Voluntary nut-free cookie donations may be dropped off at the Kinsmen Centre on Friday, March 8th.
April 7 – SFNSC Annual Awards Banquet