Jackrabbits 2017/2018 Season Online Registration
Note: Classes for NEW youth are full! In the meantime, please register your child on our Jackrabbit Wait List 2017/2018. We will contact wait listed families once we find more volunteer coaches. Please consider being a volunteer coach! Please direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Soo Finnish Nordic Ski Club Family membership is required for participation ($64/year)
- Register online by Monday, November 13, 2017 to take advantage of the EARLY SEASON PRICING. Program fees increase by $20 (before processing and taxes) on November 14, 2017
- Saturdays 10 am – 12 noon at Hiawatha Highlands
- On-Snow December 16, 2017 – March 10, 2018
- Hiawatha Highlands Trail passes are not required for children 12 and under
- a ticket for the participant to the end of year club awards banquet
- all sessions for the season
- enrollment in Cross Country Canada skill development program (includes a toque or buff)
- coaching by coaches trained in the Sport Specific NCCP (Cross Country Canada)
The Soo Finnish Nordic Ski Club offers a program that follows the guidelines as prescribed by both Cross Country Canada and Cross Country Ontario.
Jackrabbit (Skills Development) – Ages 6+
Skiers in this age range develop the three important aspects of cross-country skiing: technique, fitness and speed. The Jackrabbit program is designed for children up to the age of 10 years. All skiers begin at Level 1 and progress through the four levels of the Jackrabbit Program. Children starting to ski for the first time who are older than 7 years of age register in Level 1 and are assessed by their coaches to determine the best level for the skier based on their skiing skills. Classic skis, boots and poles are required to participate. Waxless skis are appropriate for Level 1 however by Levels 2 and 3 the skier is encouraged to progress to wax skis and parents are encouraged to attend waxing clinics to learn how to properly wax their children’s skis. Combination or skate skis are recommended by Level 4 as well as classic skis. Upon graduation from the Jackrabbit program, skiers will have developed skate and classic ski skills and are encouraged to continue skiing with the Racing Rabbit or Track Attack Programs.