Bunnyrabbit 2016/2017 Season Online Registration Please Note: Classes are full for first year skiers with a YOB of 2012, 2011, and 2010. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org you have any questions.
Ages 4 to 6
- Soo Finnish Nordic Ski Club Family membership is required for participation ($60/year)
- Register online by Monday, November 14, 2016 to take advantage of the EARLY SEASON PRICING. Program fees increase by $20 (before processing and taxes) on November 15, 2016
- Saturdays 10 am – 12 noon at Hiawatha Highlands
- On-Snow December 17, 2016 – March 11, 2017 (excluding December 24, 2016)
- Hiawatha Highlands Trail passes are not required for children 12 and under
- a ticket for the participant to the end of year club awards banquet
- all sessions for the season
- enrollment in Cross Country Canada skill development program (includes a toque or buff)
- coaching by coaches trained in the Sport Specific NCCP (Cross Country Canada)
The Soo Finnish Nordic Ski Club offers a program that follows the guidelines as prescribed by both Cross Country Canada and Cross Country Ontario.
Bunnyrabbit (First Steps) – Ages 4 to 6
Young skiers accomplish ski skills through play and discovery in a positive and safe environment. The focus is on fun, while children develop gross motor skills such as balance, gliding and diagonal stride without poles. Playtime on skis in addition to weekly sessions is encouraged. The Bunnyrabbit program is designed for children aged 4-6 years. Most children will participate in Bunnyrabbits for two years. Classic skis and boots are required to participate. Poles are optional and are generally not recommended during classes. Waxless skis are appropriate for the Bunnyrabbit Program. Upon graduation from the Bunnyrabbit Program, skiers will have developed basic diagonal stride technique and progress to the Jackrabbit Program.