Track Attack 2017/2018 Season Online Registration
- $126 +HST (13 years and older)
- Soo Finnish Nordic Ski Club Family membership is required for participation ($64/year)
- Register online by Monday, November 13, 2017 to take advantage of the EARLY SEASON PRICING. Program fees increase by $20 (before processing and taxes) on November 14, 2017
- Saturdays 10 am – 12 noon at Hiawatha Highlands
- On-Snow December 16, 2017 – March 10, 2018
- Hiawatha Highlands Trail passes are not required for children 12 and under
- a ticket for the participant to the end of year club awards banquet
- all sessions for the season
- enrollment in Cross Country Canada skill development program (includes a toque or buff)
- coaching by coaches trained in the Sport Specific NCCP (Cross Country Canada)
The Soo Finnish Nordic Ski Club offers a program that follows the guidelines as prescribed by both Cross Country Canada and Cross Country Ontario.
Track Attack (Skill Refinement) – Ages 10-14yrs
Participants are skiers aged 10-14 years who have had some previous Jackrabbit experience and are capable of skiing all trails at Hiawatha Highlands. The emphasis is on skill refinement, improvement in fitness level and having fun with friends. Track Attack skiers may wish to participate in club events and races. Classic skis, boots and poles are required to participate. Wax skis are required and parents are encouraged to attend waxing clinics to learn how to properly wax their children’s skis. Skate skis are also recommended in order to continue to develop skate skiing technique. At any time during the Track Attack program, skiers who wish to ski and train more frequently are encouraged to join the Racing Rabbit or Ski Team Programs.
Participation in the Summer Dryland Training Program is encouraged.