Junior Ski Team
Junior Ski Team 2017/2018 Season Online Registration
September 2017 to March 2018
- Soo Finnish Nordic Ski Club Family membership is required for participation ($64/year)
- Register online by Monday, November 13, 2017 to take advantage of the EARLY SEASON PRICING. Program fees increase by $20 (before processing and taxes) on November 14, 2017
- Saturdays 10 am – 12 noon at Hiawatha Highlands
- On-Snow December 16, 2017 – March 10, 2018
- Tuesday and Thursday evenings 6:30-8:00pm and Saturdays 10:00-12:00 at Hiawatha Highlands
- Hiawatha Highlands Trail passes are not required for children 12 and under
- All Junior Ski Team members abide by the SFNSC Race Team Policy 2013
- a ticket for the participant to the end of year club awards banquet
- all sessions for the group registered in
- enrollment in Cross Country Canada skill development program (includes a toque or buff)
- coaching by coaches trained in the Sport Specific NCCP (Cross Country Canada)
- includes coaching and wax for all races on the Junior Ski team schedule
- The Soo Finnish Nordic Ski Club offers a program that follows the guidelines as prescribed by both Cross Country Canada and Cross Country Ontario.
Junior Ski Team – Ages 11-14
The objective of the Junior Ski Team is to give young athletes between the ages of 11 and 14 their first taste of cross-country ski racing. It is an introductory racing program with a focus on Learning to Train and introducing racing in a supportive environment. The “racing team” focus of this group will present young skiers with an opportunity to support one another as a team, while the competition element will provide motivation and reward for their hard work.
Participation in the Summer Dryland Training Progam is encouraged.
Athletes travelling to races on the Junior Ski Team Schedule are expected to travel to these races and to lodge with their parent/guardian.
Athletes who travel to out of town races with the Senior Team Schedule can choose to travel with their parents and will be expected to pay a portion of coach/wax
tech support costs as well as a wax fee of $20 per race. Those athletes travelling with the Senior team and without their parents will also be responsible for a portion of the
chaperone fees. .