- Refer to the Program Pricing Chart
- Soo Finnish Nordic Ski Club Family Membership is required for participation
- Fall Dryland starts in September, Saturdays 10 am – 12 noon at Hiawatha Highlands
- On-snow December – March
- Tuesday evenings 6:30pm-8:00pm and Saturdays 10:00am-12:00pm at Hiawatha Highlands
- All Junior Ski Team members abide by the SFNSC Race Team Policy 2013
- Hiawatha Highlands trail passes for children 12 and under
- all sessions for the fall and winter season
- coaching by coaches trained in the sport-specific National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) and who have completed a Level 3 Police Vulnerable Sector Check (PVSC)
- includes coaching and wax for all races on the Junior Ski team schedule
Program Description: The objective of the Junior Ski Team is to give young athletes between the ages of 11 and 14 their first taste of cross-country ski racing. It is an introductory racing program with a focus on Learning to Train and introducing racing in a supportive environment. The “racing team” focus of this group will present young skiers with an opportunity to support one another as a team, while the competition element will provide motivation and reward for their hard work.
Participation in the Summer Dryland Training Program is encouraged.
The Soo Finnish Nordic Ski Club offers a program that follows the guidelines as prescribed by both Nordiq Canada and Cross Country Ontario.