Senior Ski Team 2018/2019 Season
- $310 + HST for youth aged 15+ as of Sept 1
- Soo Finnish Nordic Ski Club Family membership is required for participation ($64/year)
- Register online by Monday, November 12, 2018 to take advantage of the EARLY SEASON PRICING. Program fees increase by $20 (before processing and taxes) on November 13, 2018
- Fall Dryland starts in September, Saturdays 10 am – 12 noon at Hiawatha Highlands
- On-snow December 15, 2018 – March 9, 2019
- Tuesday and Thursday evenings 6:30-8:00pm and Saturdays 10:00-12:00 at Hiawatha Highlands
- Hiawatha Highlands trail passes are required for skiers 13 and over
- All Senior Ski Team members abide by the SFNSC Race Team Policy 2013
- a ticket for the participant to the end of year club awards banquet
- all sessions for the group registered in
- coaching by coaches trained in the sport-specific National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) and who have completed a Level 3 Police Vulnerable Sector Check (PVSC)
The objective of the Senior Ski Team is to promote excellence in cross-country skiing and biathlon. This team is for athletes who love to ski and want to challenge themselves to find their personal best. While this group will meet for team practices, the individual needs to be committed to train independently and as part of the group. While individual team members are expected to be supportive of each other at all times, and help work together to develop a cohesive team, an individual’s personal goals are paramount to their personal program.
Participation in Summer Dryland Training is encouraged.
All athletes travelling to out of town races are responsible for their own expenses related to gas, food and accommodations. These athletes also share the gas and accommodation expenses of the coach, lead wax technician and designated chaperone(s). Whenever possible the team travels and lodges together to reduce expenses. Athletes travelling to these races can choose to travel and lodge with their parents but will still be expected to pay a portion of the accommodation and gas expenses of the coach and lead wax technician.
The Soo Finnish Nordic Ski Club offers a program that follows the guidelines as prescribed by both Cross Country Canada and Cross Country Ontario.