Ages 10 – 13
- Refer to the Programs Pricing Chart
- Soo Finnish Nordic Ski Club Family Membership is required for participation
- On-snow December – March
- Thursday evenings 6:30pm-8:00pm and Saturdays 10:00am-12:00pm at Hiawatha Highlands
- Hiawatha Highlands trail passes for children 12 and under
- all sessions for the season
- enrollment in Nordiq Canada’s skill development program (includes a toque or buff)
- coaching by coaches trained in the sport-specific National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) and who have completed a Level 3 Police Vulnerable Sector Check (PVSC)
What you will need: Racing Rabbit equipment
Note: We are unable to provide one-on-one supervision, specific medical support, or guarantee an allergen-free environment. Due to the extreme conditions of cross country skiing, and for the safety of all of the participants, parents are expected to support the volunteer coaches by accompanying their skier at times to promote success.
Program Description: The Racing Rabbits program is designed for skiers aged 10 to 13 who have graduated from the Jackrabbit program and/or participated in Track Attack, and are looking for an opportunity to spend more time on skis and further developing their technique. The focus will be on continued skill development, fun, and an introduction to ski adventures and different race formats. Racing Rabbits will be encouraged to participate in club events and the Ontario Youth Championships. Both classic and skate skis, boots, and poles are required to participate. Wax skis are required and parents are encouraged to attend waxing clinics to learn how to properly wax their children’s skis.
Participation in the Dryland Training Program is encouraged.
The Soo Finnish Nordic Ski Club offers a program that follows the guidelines as prescribed by both Nordiq Canada and Cross Country Ski Ontario.