Final Results Wednesday Night Race – January 11, 2023
Wednesday Night Race #2 January 11, 2023
(Optional fun race organized by Soo Finnish Nordic Ski Club volunteers)
- 6:00pm to 6:45pm: In-person registration and bib pick up will be in the Kinsmen Centre.
Participants are encouraged to do a warm up and ski the race course.
- 6:45pm: Fun short distance for new/young skiers (e.g. Bunnyrabbits, Jackrabbits in Level One/Two)
- 7:00pm onwards: Interval start for all other skiers
- Post race refreshments/social in the Kinsmen Centre.
Technique: Classic (diagonal stride)
Distances: 500m, 2 km, 4 km, 8 km, suggestions below:
- Bunnyrabbits, Level One – 500 m
- U12 and younger – 2 km (Kinsmen Lighted trail)
- U14 – 4 km (two laps of Kinsmen Lighted)
- U16 and older – 8 km (four laps of Kinsmen Lighted)
Start and finish line at Ball Field (behind Kinsmen Centre).
Entry is open to anyone wanting to compete, ALL AGES, and free for all club members/trail pass holders. Don’t have a trail pass? No problem! Hiawatha Highlands will offer a $10 event trail pass starting at 6pm.
The post race social will have hot drinks for free as supplies last. Cash donations accepted.
Masks are welcome, but not mandatory. Please do not participate if feeling ill.
Interested in volunteering? Sign up on our volunteer sign up form here https://volunteersignup.org/34YCC
Please note there are two more Wednesday Night Races tentatively planned for January 25th and February 22nd. Race information will be posted once dates and details are confirmed.