New Families Registration 2022/2023 Information:
Ski season will start December 10th and run until March 4th. No lessons December 24th or December 31st.
This year all lessons will be offered on Saturday mornings between 10 am and noon. Please note:
- Junior, Senior Bunnyrabbits and Jackrabbit Level 1 will be 1 hour classes, no snack or indoor time. Specific start times between 10 and noon will be determined after registration (to accommodate parent coaches).
- Jackrabbit Level 2 will be 1.5 hour classes
- Jackrabbit Levels 3, 4, Track Attack, Racing Rabbits, Junior and Senior Race Teams will be 2 hour classes
- Additional Practices:
- Racing Rabbits – 90 min Thursday nights
- Additional Practices:
- Junior and Senior Race Teams – 90 min Tuesday and Thursday nights
General Registration Information
- Membership and processing fees are non-refundable. Fees are subject to HST. Zone4 and credit card processing fees will be identified before you checkout.
- Membership does not include a Hiawatha Highlands trail pass.
- SFNSC is a member of Nordiq Canada, Cross Country Ski Ontario, and the Northern Ontario Ski District, and is required to direct $21 for each individual club member to these sport organizing bodies to support the development of cross country skiing and provide liability insurance coverage for approved activities.
- Club membership includes agreeing to the terms presented in Nordiq Canada’s Informed Consent And Assumption Of Risk Agreement and Rowan’s Law.
- All coaches, volunteers, and parents who will be involved with programming must register as club members.
- Photographs of SFNSC members are occasionally used for promotional purposes on SFNSC websites, newsletters, reports, and banquets. Anyone who does not want their photo taken must assume this responsibility and self identify to the photographer.
Youth Program Registration Information
- A Family Club Membership is required for participation in any of our youth programs, regardless of the number of children in the family, and is non-refundable.
- All youth program registrations are completed online.
- Hiawatha Highlands trail passes are included in program fees for children 12 years old and under. Youth aged 13 years and older in our programs need to purchase a trail pass. Visit Hiawatha Highlands for trail pass information.
- We are unable to provide one-on-one supervision, specific medical support, or guarantee an allergen-free environment. Due to the extreme conditions of cross country skiing, and for the safety of all of the participants, parents are expected to support the volunteer coaches by accompanying their skier at times to promote success.
- Not sure about equipment? Review the requirements for each program on the SFNSC website before registering. Still unsure? Ask Jackrabbits.
- This year, programming is available in two tiers; 1) program volunteer’s children and returning families, 2) new families. Registration is on a first-come first-served basis and classes fill quickly. This is a volunteer club and all coaches/assistants are volunteers. More spaces may become available if more members volunteer to coach and take proper training. Private lessons are available at Hiawatha Highlands.
- Parents of youth in programs who would like to participate in free adult lessons or social ski groups need to register as a club member, too (i.e., register your child(ren) and yourself).
- Parents of youth in programs who will not be skiing with their children during programming hours, volunteering in any in-person capacity, or who do not wish to participate in any adult programs may omit themselves as a club member; however, a Family Club Membership is still required for children to participate in programming.
- All participants should complete provincial health screening prior to attending sessions or events. Stay home if you are not well.