Our club needs a contingent of trained Level 1 and Level 2 officials in order to host races, including Youth Championships in March 2024.
Officials training is appropriate for anyone and everyone who volunteers at a ski race. Don’t let being new to the world of skiing hold you back from taking this training.
Level 1 certification is completed online and allows you to do individual tasks at a race under supervision of an experienced Chief. There are eight sections to the training, and each one takes 30-40 minutes to complete (but there is no time limit).
How to become a Level 1 Official (it is free):
1. Create an account in the Nordiq Canada Officials Training Centre
2. Click “Nordiq Canada Officials Level 1 Online Certification.”
3. After online module completion, email [email protected] with your first and last name, email address, gender and that you belong to Cross Country Ski Ontario in order to request a new account for the Officials Registry.
Level 2 certification is needed for many roles at ski races, including being a Chief. The prerequisite is completion of Level 1. This year, the course is being offered in a hybrid format on the following dates:
- Thursday, October 12 – Reading homework assigned
- Wednesday, October 18, 6-9pm – Part One on Zoom
- Wednesday, October 25, 6-9pm – Part Two on Zoom
- Sunday, November 5, 8:30am-3pm – Practical In-Person in Sault Ste. Marie
How to sign up for Level 2 (it is free):
1. Log in to the Nordiq Canada Officials Training Centre
2. Scroll down and click on “Nordiq Canada Level 2 Officials Course, Sault Ste. Marie, ON, Nov 5, 2023”
Already have Level Two? Please consider attending this training as a refresher.